9/27/26

Concrete Blonde - Bloodletting Review:

 


If you don't know who this band is because you're younger, or not into post-punk or goth Rock, let this record be your introduction. I think this album was their biggest financially successful record, and spawned their most heard single maybe. They were pretty big in Australia and some alternative or college crowds here in the states. If people were alive in '90 and didn't know who they were they missed out greatly. "Bloodletting (the vampire song)" is the best track on this record. I like "Joey" as well I just think that opener is the one for the history books. "Caroline" is pretty rad and memorable in an early 90's rock feel, but "Bloodletting" is the track that sold me on Concrete Blonde. The Gothic rock tendencies continue throughout the album with alternative radio charitable songs intermingled. "Days And Days", "Darkening Of The Light", & "The Beast" mix the best with goth styled rock. "Lullaby", "Joey", & "Tomorrow, Wendy" are definitely the more radio friendly tracks of the album. The 20th anniversary edition of this record is pretty cool, also. It has the B-side to "Joey" titled "I Want You" and a very 90'sstyled version of "Little Wing" by Jimi Hemdrix as well as numerous live tracks. There might even be some of these bloodsplatter regular editions left for 30 bucks, if you dig the included video.

Buy



No comments:

Post a Comment